Monday, March 30, 2009

Wurtsboro Mountain 30k

2:00:24
5th overall out of 161
Pace/Mile: 6:28
Age Grade: 75.9%
Age Group Place: 1st of 41
Date: 3/28/2009
Location: Wurtsboro, NY
Comments: The Wurtsboro 30k was a very interesting, scenic and challenging (Hilly, with a Capital H) course. I actually lead the race for the first mile since the race went out slow. I stayed with the leaders through most of the hills until about four miles; there was a pack of four of us. I let them go after that (i.e. they dropped me) since I felt the pace was getting to be more than I could handle. I was on pace to break two hours up until about 25k which I hit in 1:40:03, however my legs were wasted by then and did not have another sub 20:00 5k in them. I would definitely recommend the race, not as a time trial, but as a different, challenging race. More accurate course description available at: http://www.sullivanstriders.org/30k_up_and_down.htm

No comments: