Friday, September 10, 2010

Race To The Top of Vermont - 4.3 miles Uphill

41:44.6
13th overall out of 293
Pace/Mile: 9:43
Age Grade: NA
Age Group Place: 4th of 48
Date: 8/29/2010
Location: Stowe, VT
Comments: The first 0.3 miles are paved and the rest is hard packed dirt. Fortunately, I was able to run the whole way although there were a few steep sections that my run was slowed to a crawl. Even though my splits where kind of uneven I think I paced myself much better than Mount Washington. My first mile was my quickest; however, I would definitely say that it is the easiest mile of the race. All in all I was happy with my result and I actually liked the distance better than Mount Washington, long enough to test you, however not so long that it totally wastes your legs. I opted to run back down because I figured it would be the quickest way down and I am glad I did. It gave me a chance to better see some of the scenery, cheer the other racers on, and was a good cool-down. It didn't seem to pound my legs that much since most of it was packed dirt.

Splits (my watch)
8:40 at 1.0
18:18 at 2.0 (9:38)
28:46 at 3.0 (10:28)
39:38 at 4.0 (10:52)

No comments: