Monday, January 28, 2008

4 Seconds

Yesterday I ran the Manhattan half-marathon in 1:21:18 for 4th place in my age group (out of 515), so I missed out on an award by 4 seconds (3rd place was 1:21:14). Oh well I guess that is how goes, however, if I knew he was in my age group, I definitely had more than 4 seconds in me, but I bet he also had something left. Fortunately, I have won an award at a NYRR’s race before otherwise I would have been more disappointed. I am still a minute plus away from my goal of running a sub 1:20 as a master, however with the right training, the right race, and correct pacing I believe that this should be possible sometime this year (Note: I felt the same way last year and it never happened, however one must stay positive and believe). I will take another stab at running a faster time at the Bronx in two weeks; hopefully the weather cooperates.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow, congratulations! You are one speedy runner :) My goal was just to come in under 2 hours (it was my first half), which I did achieve. My new goal for the Bronx is to not look like I'm dying, and give Brightroom the chance to take some good pics! Good luck with your goals there.